Monday, December 10, 2007

My Blogs Gotta Name

As you can see, I finally named my blog. I went through about a dozen other name possibilities and Shannon thought they were too "cute." I've always loved Mustard Seed and, at one point, I was hoping to name our church plant The Mustard Seed. That got overruled, and I'm glad it did. I love that we've named our church The Well.

But Jesus chose a powerful visual image for his audience when he compared the kingdom to a mustard seed.

“Again he said, ‘What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.’" Mark 4:30-32 (TNIV)

Anyway, I’m going to get back to sharing quotes with you and I look forward to our Mustard Seed Sessions. Be a blessing and expose the Kingdom wherever you are today!

No comments: